Creating FinOps Visibility
Driving cloud cost visibility and optimisation for a leader in the European aviation industry.
One of the world’s oldest operating airlines had recently taken the leap into the cloud. To take full
advantage of its digital transformation and growth ambitions, the airline needed visibility of cloud spend – and the ability to optimise it efficiently.
1. The lack of cost visibility in place for the existing AWS was a top leadership priority
2. Numerous manual AWS processes were putting unnecessary pressure on the company’s teams
3. For greater insights into cloud capacity costs, the airline adopted a FinOps approach
1. A plan to optimise the company’s cloud capacity spend
2. Easy-to-navigate cloud management tool providing analytics and insight into usage and activities
3. Automated AWS processes such as resource tagging, allowing people to focus on sustaining major growth
1. Klarity Core implemented for easy analysis of costs and greater cloud cost management and visibility
2. In-depth and ongoing collaboration with the airline’s Head of Infrastructure for fast and sustainable transition to a FinOps approach
3. A dashboard provides transparency on where costs are, where savings are and forecasted spend
Immediate visibility, improvement and savings in the cloud, including in complex situations with insufficient or non-existent resource tagging.
This makes Nordcloud Klarity Core the perfect companion for every cloud adoption project, providing also a key and significant edge during FinOps implementation journeys.
Global FinOps Advisory Lead, Nordcloud
increase in gross margin
hours of investigation saved for every question about cost